There are phrases and statements that make me cringe when I hear them, like "children have to learn..." because I know that what comes next is something hideously coercive, or because the statement is code for "no" – "We'll see" tends to be a sneaky way of saying "No". What other phrases do parents use that make your heart sink?
- In Defence of TV Soap Operas
- Obligations And Helping One Another
- Supporting a Child's Choice to Go to School
- Does Your Child Love Visiting The Dentist?
- Does educational freedom lead to big gaps in knowledge?
- Is Your Child Worried About Death?
- Who Wouldn't Be ‘School Phobic’?
- "Time Out" — Time Off or Serving Time?