There are phrases and statements that make me cringe when I hear them, like "children have to learn..." because I know that what comes next is something hideously coercive, or because the statement is code for "no" – "We'll see" tends to be a sneaky way of saying "No". What other phrases do parents use that make your heart sink?
- Introduction to Taking Children Seriously
- Is Hiding Medicine In Your Child's Food Wrong?
- TCS and Karl Popper
- The ‘Keeping One's Options Open’ Mentality
- Beware the Curriculum Mentality
- Video Games: A Unique Educational Environment
- Housework Help For a Harried Mother
- "Time Out" — Time Off or Serving Time?